peach pie

peach pie

I am sure Im not the only person who has ever been out to eat and bit into something they knew theyd love and nearly sobbed with disappointment over what could have been but was not. Why? Why did they have to go and fix this? It wasnt broken! No? Its just me? Well, good on you for having some decorum, or at least a better poker face than your narrator. Ive done this when I discovered curry powder in a sweet potato pirogi (really, Im grimacing as I type this). Its not a popular opinion, but I feel this way about bacon in chocolate chip cookies. And if everyone could stop putting cardamom pods in vanilla ice cream and custards, I wouldnt mind one bit. I like vanilla. I dont think it needs any flavor enhancement.

lots of peaches into boiling water
poach for two minutes slipping the peach skins off
sadly, they didn't make it!   peach peeling, second try

Not that Im innocent in this area. It seems that as long as web pages need updating, magazines need printing and food shows have new seasons to fill with programming, were going to have new spins on the classics, and I too have been known to hide bourbon in banana bread, do all sorts of unnatural things to latkes, and no, I will not apologize for the time I made a red velvet cake with red wine instead of the accepted vat of food dye. I found all of these things to be worthwhile improvements on the status quo in the same way that the person about to leave me a link to their favorite bacon chocolate chip cookie (the one that will change my mind) recipe in the comments does, but no doubt someone else out there found that that bourbon clashed terribly with bananas and feels justly that I owe them some cake.

chilled pie doughs

... Read the rest of peach pie on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2012. |permalink to peach pie | 8 comments to date | see more: Peach, Photo, Summer, Tarts/Pies



No comments:

Post a Comment