Buttermilk Pancake Mix Presents

IMG_8664

Ill just come right out and say it: Im an excellent houseguest.

I usually come with an edible treat that usually involves butter and sugar. Heck Ill even bring a pink box of doughnuts and champagne if the mood strikes me.

If I dont have anything edible in tow, rest assured that I come bearing The Gift of the Dance meaning that Ill shave my groove thing all over the house (this may or may not involve a cartwheel or two).

My most recent houseguest happyplace is this homemade pancake mix. Naturally, it has dark chocolate chips in it. All thats required is that there be an egg, butter, and buttermilk in the house.

If you let me sleep over Ill probably even make these for you. If you feed me mimosas, I might even do the dishes.

Can I come over?

IMG_8731

I found some old diner-style sugar shakers to hold the pancake mix. I totally found these suckers at the dollar store. So many bizarre treasures at the dollar store. I decorated the jars simply with some brown packing paper and twine.

The handwritten recipe is included.

Inspire breakfast!

IMG_8680

I love whats happening here.

I love when gifts are edible and cheap, but still awesome.

IMG_8683

I love when I have an excuse to use my Anthropologie (totally inaccurate and just for show) measuring cups.

IMG_8691

Everything in a jar. Scoop it and spoon it.

Scoop it and Spoon it should totally be and R&B song. You know Im right.

IMG_8699

When Im feeling fancy, I bring a stick of butter, an egg, and a jar of buttermilk as a part of my houseguest gift but those are really just perks. If you show up with chocolate and the promise of breakfast, youre winning for sure.

Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix: Gifting Pancake Mix for two

Print this Recipe!

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

In a small bowl, combine sugar and vanilla bean. Use your fingers to work the vanilla bean into the sugar, creating a vanilla scented and speckled sugar. Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and whisk to combine.

Spoon dry mixture into a small jar. Top with chocolate chips. Cover jar with lid and decorate with a bow.

Create a small instruction card for the pancakes.

To Make Pancakes:

Pour contents of this jar into a! medium bowl. Add:

1 large egg

1 cup buttermilk

2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled.

Whisk well to incorporate. Heat a griddle pan over medium heat. Grease with butter. Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter onto the hot griddle. Flip once. Cook until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with maple syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment