McDonalds Chicken Foldover, Horlicks McFlurry and McDonalds Caramel Sundae!

So THE CHICKEN FOLDOVER is back!

mcdonalds chicken foldover

Finally! A healthy alternative to the otherwise greasy, fattening option which are typical of fast-food chains. Im not condemning all fast food of course, but frankly for an aging woman (ahem, yes me) who has to watch her diet and weight, I avoid highly processed food as much as possible.
Having said that, if the craving kicks in, Ill still give in but always opting for the healthiest choice on the menu. But that also means having to go through the hassle of getting weird stares when I use tissues to wipe off the mayo from my burgers.

Yes I do that. Sue me. I have to watch my weight ok? :d
However, when McD launched their Chicken Foldover years back, it was a God-sent as it was the only option Ill settle for whenever my college gang converge at McDs for assignments.

So whats goes into a McDonaldsChickenFoldoverTM that makes it healthier?
For a start, the patties are grilled. Secondly, theres more vegetables in a foldover than most of other McDs burgers.

Two (2) grilledchickenpattieswithfreshtomato,lettuce&tastygarlic
sauce
Toastedflatbreadpepperedwithkalonjiseeds
PricedfromRM8.60onthealacartemenuonwards.

mcdonalds chicken foldover-002

I saw the annoucement on their FB page few days back and shared the news on my FB. Heres some of the comments I got.

McD's Chicken Foldover

Frankly, I cant recall if its smaller or otherwise, but the taste is similar.

And Im still wiping off the mayo. Heck, its tasty enough without it so why add on the calories right? Your thighs will thank you for it! :d

mcdonalds chicken foldover-001

Being a foodie, I cant stand not knowing how anything NEW taste, so I took a spoonful of the newMcDonalds Caramel Sundae and instantly regretted it. Well, for anyone needing a sugar rush, THIS IS IT!

mcdonalds chicken foldover

Next was their recentHorlicks Crunch McFlurry. Like everyone else, I loved the crunchy bits added into the soft swirl.

McDonald's Horlicks Crunch McFlurry-001

Again I only managed one-third of the whole cup. Too sweet again for me but I still like it. So moderation is key. Its more practical to share it with someone.

As for the new Chicken Muffin, I have tried it too! You can check out my post HERE.

mcdonalds chicken mcmuffin-003

And yes, I wiped off the mayonnaise. Messy, I know.

Well I have to thank McDonalds forkeeping the menu fresh withnew choices from time to time. I have tried Mcdonalds in Thailand, China, Korea (they have Bulgogi burgers which was delicious!!), HongKong, Australia (Wagyu Beef Burger!), and even while Im in Singapore last week for World Gourmet Summit 2012, the Teriyaki Chicken Burger!

The Chicken FoldoverTM is now available in all McDonalds restaurants until 22August.
It is priced at RM8.60 on the la carte menu; RM9.95 for a mediumMcValue Lunch and McValue Dinner sets; while for the medium McValue Mealset it is priced at RM12.25.

So has anyone tried any Mcdonalds burgers anywhere else in the world? Share please?

*This is not an advertorial! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment