Biscuits, Lunch, and Dinner

coconut almond

Never mind the fact that Im sitting alone in a Portland hotel room, nervous-eating tortillas out of a bag. Never mind that. Thats neither here nor there. Well thats actually here, and happening. Suffice it to say that this book tour has me out in the world doing things that I wouldnt normally do. Its awesome, exciting, and tortilla binge inducing. Thats a complicated phrase.

Can we daydream about something while I sit here and work on this tortilla stack? In my daydream arebiscuits (which are totally breakfast), lunch (which I wish could always be fries), and dinner (which I always want to me mashed potatoes but isnt). Come over. Daydream with me. Ill totally share my bag of tortillas.

(gosh I wish I werent so weird.)

brown sugar bacon

Why havent I invited you over for a biscuit and bourbon party?

Why is that just now crossing my mind? These Brown Sugar Bacon Biscuits would be perfect!

hot cross

Tis the season forHot Cross Biscuits. Golden brown and studded with currants.

If you! didnt g ive up biscuits for Lent these might just have your name written all over them.

dumpling

Biscuits transition. Biscuits were born to transition from morning to afternoon and evening. This Caramelized Mushroom with Chive Buttermilk Biscuits tastes like a double hug.

orange salad

ThisSpinach, Feta, and Blood Orange Salad is such a beautiful occurrence. Its the perfect reminder that the world is absolutely stunning, on your plate, and edible.

couscous

I sometimes cook in color themes.

Green Goddess Israeli Couscous Salad.

quinoa

Pretty vegeterian patties from Heidi Swanson. Lemon, Green Olive, and Parsley Quinoa Cakes.

This recipe has salty olives and fresh parsley. I want them every day! Health!

lentil

In real life, if Im not eating biscuits, tortillas, or doughnuts I have a deep desire to eat spicy lentils.

This Ginger and Lentil Soup is a life-saver.

pasta

Nothing heals like Sunday pasta and wine.

Well except a bag of flour tortillas. Those heal too.

Tremendous.


No comments:

Post a Comment