Three Bags Full @ Richmond, Melbourne

Every weekend is like a mini foodie adventure for the Wife and I. It's been a mix of checking out new places to eat and cooking at home. The good or bad thing about Melbourne is the flood of food reviews you can get your hands on. Admittedly while I enjoy reading them, too many chefs spoils the soup, so there's always that judgement call to say "we will go there" or "nah, it doesn't look promising".


I remember Three Bags Full quite well because after my average experience in St Ali, with the exception of their coffee, one of my readers said I should give these guys a go instead. Guess what, that weekend, we did just that.


Three Bags Full is a big place. It looks like there's two separate dining areas and if I have a tip for you, the smaller one next door is a quieter and more pleasant place to be.


P1020298


It was one of those rare occasions that I actually remember to bring my camera, more the reason since I got myself a new lens for it.


P1020300


Deciding that coffee was not for her, the Wife, she settled on some juice, watermelon and a few other kinds in one. Refreshing and it makes you want to drink fresh juices everyday till you realise you got to buy a juicer first.


P1020296


Weekday or weekend, I need my coffee and it was a good coffee.

Their breakfast menu compared to some of the more adventurous places we had recently is more conventional. Not to say, it is necessary bad at all.


P1020303


Its nothing fancy and to be honest had no idea why the Wife ordered mushrooms, spinach, avocado, tomatoes and poached eggs. I guess it was in conjunction with the juice, a way of comforting the mind and body that this is detox. She did mention the mushrooms were pretty good although I caught her glancing at my breakfast a few times.


P1020305

Beetroot tainted and smoked salmon with corn fritters was more like for me. The fritter was hearty and was more of the softer variety and definitely one of the bigger ones I have seen and eaten. All in all, scrumptious. You can't really taste the beetroot in the salmon but had the right balance of smokiness.

The service was pretty good although if you dine in the main area, it might be different. The food and the ambience was lovely. If there is one problem though, there's so many breakfast places to try before coming back, so Three Bags Full, will you! wait fo r me to return?


Address and contact details:


Three Bags Full on Urbanspoon


Verdict: 4 stars out of 5 stars. Except for being too busy, there's nothing not to like about this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment