Super Herb Butter

IMG_2186

Yesterday was a day like any other day.

I woke up thinking about doughnuts and chili fries. Ok not really. I did, however, make my way to the kitchen, found an open box of cereal, and ate a giant handful of dry cereal with my eyes closed. Then I drank milk. I cant tell you whether or not I drank straight from the carton or used a glass. That information is classified. Just let me be known that I seem to be a bachelor at heart.

Yesterday was a day like any other day. There was cereal, a bit of beach, eye cream (because Im obsessed), food, friendship, and curious amounts of butter.

IMG_2190

Herbbutter. A simple combination of salt and pepper, fresh thyme and chives, fresh (fuzzy) sage and lemon zest.

It all gets smashed into butter. Later Im going to suggest you put this cold butter inside a hamburger patty. Thats obscene and I apologize in advance.

december 26 2011

December 26, 2011. Morning by the beach. If anyone ever makes me live in a frozen tundra land Ill hold this dear inside my heart.

december 26 2011

December 2! 6, 2011. Brunch with Tracy, Casey, and Cooper (not pictured obviously). Tracy is cutting her sons pancake. Shes mom-ing hard.

december 26 2011

December 26, 2011. Afternoon butter manipulation and photography. Yes I shoot on the floor in front of my door sometimes. Just deal.

IMG_2198

What are you going to do with all of this beautiful, herb-y,salty, butter spread?

Bread is an amazing place to start. Toasted? With garlic? Keep talking!

butter burger

December 26, 2011. You might consider, as I did placing small pats of herbbutter inside ground beef and making butter burgers.

Butter. Burgers. I mean sweet Lord. The recipe is from Good Meat, a book I am deeply emotional about.

I can neither confirm nor deny my butter burger consumption. A butter burger is not pictured here because that would be entirely irresponsible, and frankly dangerous.

december 26 2011

December 26, 20! 11. End with a cider. Pear.

Super HerbButter

makes 1/2 cup butter

Print this Recipe!

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened slightly (you can use salted butter, just leave the extra salt out)

1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (depending on how salty you like things)

1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

2 teaspoons coarsely choppedfresh thyme,

2 teaspoons coarsely choppedfresh sage

2 teaspoons lemon zest

3 tablespoons chopped chives

Place butter in a small bowl. Using a fork, mash until softened. Add salt and pepper and mash to incorporate. Add thyme, sage, and lemon zest. Mash to incorporate. Lastly, add the chives and stir to combine. Place butter on a piece of plastic wrap and tighten into a small dish. Chill until ready to use.

Butter will last, wrapped in the fridge, for up to one week.


No comments:

Post a Comment