parsnip latkes with horseradish and dill

parsnip latkes with horseradish, dill

I have this affliction or maybe you could call it a fixation with latkes. And I know youre probably thinking, potato pancakes? With shredded onion? Theyre good, but are they really worth obsessing over? But youd be using the literal definition of latkes and to me, latkes are not so much a singular recipe with a finite ingredient list but an approach to pancakes; an approach that could include anything that can be shredded and fried. And oh, when you start from this vantage point, they most certainly will.

parnsips, potato -- not pretty yet
shredded

Ive made potato latkes, sure. Many times, even. But then I made mixed vegetable latkes with Indian spices and curry-lime yogurt. I made apple latkes, replete with a caramel sauce made from the juice you wring from the shredded apples. (I waste nothing in the kitchen. My grandmother would be so proud!) This past summer, I made zucchini fritters to solve a dinner crisis. And now, theres this: Parsnips. Potatoes. Dill. Horseradish. Lemon juice.

ready to wring out

... Read the rest of parsnip latkes with horseradish and dill on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2011. |permalink to parsnip latkes with horseradish and dill | no comment to date | see more: Appetizer, Jewish, Parsnips, Photo, Potatoes, Snack, Vegetarian


No comments:

Post a Comment