Super Simple Roasted Apples

IMG_9842

Under no circumstances do I want you to come to this blog, read it, and leave with the sense that I have my act together. I dont have my act together. If it looks for a moment like I have my act together Im just barely holding on. Hear these words.

I was reading a website last week, and the writer posted a picture of her nightstand. Perfectly mundane. Perfectly innocent. Except the nightstand had three things on it. Something fancy made by Steve Jobs, something that probably smelled like roses in heaven, and a perfectly placed tube of designer lip gloss. Perfect layered on perfect, with a dash of perfect. Maybe I freaked out a little on the inside. Maybe my nightstand is a dusty clutter of books that Im currently ignoring. Maybe I cant find my lip gloss and if I could it surely would not be designer and it surely would have cat hair on it.

Im not much for comparing myself with others but I am for comparing nightstands apparently.

Mine is not put together.

Also while were here you should also know that I have to throw my phone in the back seat of my car to keep myself from texting and driving. All the way in the back. Otherwise I cant help myself.

Oh. Sometimes I daydream about running into the boy I used to date earlier this year. In my fantasy, I look fantastic like fatally fantastic. Im also with my new (majorly amazingly tall) new boyfriend. thus making this dummy dude feel like a total shrimp. I so so so wish for that to happen.

See? Im fickle, and messy, and texty AND I CAN TOTALLY COOK SOME APPLES!!!! So there

Apples are just bonkers right now. I say we take advantage of this!

What follows is the most simple recipe for warm, soft, cinnamon-y apples. I started with crisp Fujis.

IMG_9750

Essentially, what were going to create is the inside of an apple pie without all the hassle of pie crust.

One might argue that the crust is the best part of an apple pie. Fair enough. Fine. Youre not entirely wrong.

But pulling these apples out of the oven might change your mind.

IMG_9816

You might also consider baking these apples instead of lighting a scented candle . Your house will smell exactly like heaven.

Why dont spas smell like warm cinnamon apples? Someone really should take this into consideration.

I love these apples on yogurt with granola. I love these warm apples on cold ice cream. I love these apples on breakfast oatmeal. I love eating these apples, piping hot, standing over the sheet pan with a fork.

Some things are just simple and delicious.

Super Simple Roasted Apples

makes 4 small servings

Print this Recipe!

4 Fuji apples, peeled and sliced thin

1 tablespoon lemon juice

3 tablespoons brown sugar

1 or 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoons cornstarch

sprinkling of ground all spice

pinch of salt

2 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes

Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven t! o 400 de grees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread sliced apples across the baking sheet. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, all spice, and salt. Toss with fingers. Top with cubes of butter and bake for 15 to 25 minutes, until golden and bubbly to your desired doneness. Remove from oven. Allow to cool slightly and serve on top of ice cream or oatmeal. Store in an airtight container for up to up to 3 days. Reheat in a small pan over low heat on the stovetop.


No comments:

Post a Comment