Korea Trip 2011 : Bangsan Market

If theres one place I anticipated most prior to this trip, itd be Bangsan Market. Actually as mentioned, I had a few places that I really wanted to go in Seoul, luckily I managed to go to most of them. Some of them, were closed down, its quite sad.

One of them was in the Kdrama, Kim Sam Soon, the one where she got drove to this patisserie in Apgujeong and had a spread of dessert across 2-3 tables. The place looked awesome. So being the patissier me, I decided to check that place out. Towards the end of the trip, our group split and went to places we wanted to go ourselves. It really is pointless to ask me to go shopping when all I wanna do is to check out desserts and cafes; and vice versa. So 2 of us took the train to Apgujeong, walked abit then found the area. Were actually right infront of the original shop, BUT we couldnt find the name of the shop (its called Duchamp). It was a hilly road, then we met some locals there and asked where exactly is Duchamp. They helped us to ask around in Hangul, then found out that the place was closed down recently. ggggrrr!!!

So anyway, we left Apgujeong and went to Bangsan Market.

The market itself, was just 2 lanes (3 rows of shops; make that just about 12 shops) all filled with baking ingredients, utensils, equipments, accessories, boxes, cutters and everything you can think of. (Ok not like e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g, but more stuffs than regular baking shops here) I didnt really check out the ingredients as I knew I wont be able to bring any back due to luggage. So I focused on looking for smaller stuffs and hard to get here in Malaysia.

This area is like a wholesale hobbys market. They are divided into sections like baking / boxes, sewing / handicraft, rubber and plastic materials, and even pets stuffs as well (as read from the map) I hadnt had lots of time to explore much around the area as I went to Bangsan market on the last day of the trip.

If youve watched Kdrama, Kim Sam Soon, you would know of this place as its one of a filming location as well.This particular shop sells more ingredients compared to the rest. I bought a miniature Creme de Framboises and Liquor de Roses from here. They have more, but I didnt wanna spend all my money here in ONE shop..still have yet to use them, not sure how nice they taste.. The rose one looks like the one in Yumeiro Patisserie (Japanese Anime) tho..

Now how to get there..

Take subway Line 5 Euljiro 4(sa)-ga Stn. Exi! t 4. Wal k 250 m. (btw, Exit 3 is just opposite Exit 4, theres a shop called Sewing Factory, the owner/salesperson is so cute! Best looking guy weve seen this entire trip. Ha! Ok back to reality, they have really nice fabric in there as well)

The dark blue stream you see in the map is Chenggyecheon Stream. Its quite beautiful at night, but theres an even more awesome bridge; Banpo Rainbow Fountain Bridge. Post about that another day.

Ok, the things I bought that day.

From Bangsan Market : Canele moulds, madeleine moulds, cookie alphabet imprints, baguette pans, Creme de Framboises and Liqueur de Roses

From the Family mart: Absolut pear and Midori (Just cause its in the picture)

The other 4 props are from Daiso in Seoul. Some 1000 won, some 2000.

I have only used the alphabet imprints and the heart shaped ramekin. the rest are in the drawers for emergency cases when I wanna bake canele, madeleine or baguette. Dont that always happen. When you wanna bake something, you dont have the right mould or pan..


No comments:

Post a Comment