sugar plum crepes with ricotta and honey

sugar plum crepes, ricotta, mint

One of the things that has surprised me the most as Im chugging my way along to my manuscripts finish line is how little clear my vision was for it from the beginning, and how little Ive erred from my original list of recipe ideas, as in real life, I am a bafflingly indecisive person. What should we order for dinner? can send me into a tailspin. Which colander looks best from Amazon? will lead me to read 30 minutes of reviews. And yet, half the recipes that are lined up for the book right now (except the breakfast section; we should definitely not discuss that again) are pretty much as I scribbled the ideas while my then-newborn was napping in the fall of 2009. Its probably for the best I jotted it all down then because my brain has probably not been so centered for 5 minutes since.

measured
flipped

Outside of the book, however, Im in a huge rut. The idea that I should still be clever, or have inspiration to spare or enthusiasm to return to the kitchen after finally getting it clean from the last cooking cycle (day 10 without a dishwasher!) after working on this book is well beyond my capability, as sadly evidence by the trickling pace of updates this summer. And when I do cook, I only want one of three things: 1. Dishes that involve corn! (see al so: corn pancakes, corn pie, corn popovers, corn tacos and thats just the tip of the iceberg for my corn plans, so help us all), 2. Crepes and crepe family members. Did you know that popovers, Dutch babies, canneles and blintzes are more or less crepe batters at their base? So, yes, all those as well. 3. Things with ricotta. Ill occasionally throw in cherries, stone fruit or tomatoes, but more or less, my brain is like that raven in Game of Thrones: CORN! CORN!

pom-pom plums

... Read the rest of sugar plum crepes with ricotta and honey on smittenkitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2011. |permalink to sugar plum crepes with ricotta and honey | one comment to date | see more: Photo, Plum, Summer



No comments:

Post a Comment