Review: My dad's pre-birthday lunch @ Vue de Monde, Melbourne CBD


Vue de Monde used to be very exciting. I used to just want to go to Vue de Monde and no where else but over time, the dishes seemed to undergo a transformation towards a duller pasture, despite the attempts to excite. I really appreciate the effort but I cannot bring myself to lust after the taste. Those days where I would give Vue de Monde a 11 out of 10 for the wonderful things their dishes can do to my palette were unfortunately gone. (It used to be so good to the point I can dedicate poetry after poetry about every dish I ate) Even my parents, who had been there three (or was it four?) times did not really enjoy Vue de Monde that much now. Not that the food is bad. It is decent but you do not go to Vue de Monde just to end up having decent dishes.The same could be said about Sage or even the famous Caprice.

Anyway, this post is going to be just pictures. Enjoy.


Missing you guys. :)





Chips and sour cream


Yoghurt with Macadamia
Oysters and lemon
Pumpkin
Cured trout, pickled onion, oats crisp
Tarragon, potato, quail egg
Marron, brown butter emulsion, wagyu and sourdough sandwich
Breakfast anyone? "Fried duck egg, lamb sweetbreads, pickled onion"
Crushed herbs with frozen rye




Fizzling away...
Toss with cucumber sorbet
Blackmore wagyu beef cheek, apple, leek and bone marrow
Tiny bites
Flathead, Crisp Bread, Radish, Beach Herbs
Housemade lemonade
Apple toffee, popping candy
Souffle au chocolat
Lemon jujube
Lamingtons
Mini ice cream
Mint Marshmallow
Note: We secured a table at Rialto but because of renovation delays, we had a table at the CBD instead. I've checked the menu at their webpage. Some of the stuff we had were quite similar to the items in the new menu.

For more information:


Vue de monde on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment