My Thai @ Rosalie, Brisbane



My Thai reminds me of a place that we order takeaway meals from quite a bit when we were studying back in Adelaide. The food is authentic and good enough and is pretty affordable. Powered by an elderly Thai lady that has been doing this for a long time, we heard about this place before the floods came. However after taking them awhile to get back on their feet, the numerous places to try along the way, we finally found our way.


IMG_1283


The menu is extensive, with a lot of classic dishes as well as some dishes that the head chef has created along the way. The problem with eating as a couple though is how many dishes can you really order before you surrender to the spiciness and coconut cream.


IMG_1284


We started off the tom yum soup; spicy and sour with a couple of prawns to round it up. I don't really go for tom yum so I have to hand it to the Wife. So what did she say? She said alright, so I guess this is might be worthwhile ordering.


IMG_1288


If you read my blog enough, you should have half expected to see the picture above. If there was one thing, the Pad Thai w! as missi ng one essential ingredient; the grounded peanuts. Apart from that, the noodles were cooked nicely, slightly on the sweet side with quite generous ingredients.


IMG_1291

I was quite impressed with the Red Duck Curry because for one, it must have been the first time that I have seen so many duck slices in one portion. Thai food has never been a cuisine that focuses on huge portions and I must applaud that for the AUD25 we paid, we got our worth. Flavourwise, this was slightly too creamy.


Served with rice, I had to call it a day by the time I put the last slice of duck in my mouth. However with the basic curry and noodles passing the test, My Thai will be in the list of restaurants to go to for Thai food in Brisbane. With the take away prices almost 20% cheaper than dine in prices, I see myself taking away more often than dining in though.

My Thai Restaurant on Urbanspoon


Verdict: 3.5 stars out of 5 stars. Satisfying Thai food with a casual ambience, I am quite glad I have discovered My Thai.

No comments:

Post a Comment