Bali Jimbaran (Jakarta Seafood Restaurant)

Bali Jimbaran is one of the many seafood restaurants located near Mangga Dua, opposite ITC on Jalan Gunung Sahari. I chose to visit Bali Jimbaran particularly because it had the brightest outside sign, and also because it was the most crowded.

The restaurant is large, with two dining areas on two floors. First, you can select your fresh seafood and fish, and then watch how the cook prepares it in the open-kitchen. It is not a beautiful! venue: There is no real decoration, the hygiene looks average, the road nearby is noisy and the aircon is not working properly. As in any open-air restaurants in Jakarta, beware of the mosquitoes as well. On the "plus" side, it looks authentic and the prices are cheap.

We ordered quite many dishes, among which Fish, Squid, Sea Shells and Prawns. I cannot find the bill anymore but the cost was around Rp150,000 (for 2 people). The grill was not available so they fried everything, which proved a bad idea because the cooking oil used was not good quality and they put too much of it. I remember I was quite disappointed, but I still don't know if it is because of the taste of my food, or because I didn't get exactly what I had in mind. My friend was not as severe as myself and he told me he enjoyed his meal a lot, especially the prawns.
Overall: I think Bali Jimbaran serves average food,! not wor th the ride to Mangga Dua if you don't live nearby. They could probably improve the overall atmosphere also, because as it is now, it is far from resembling any restaurants from Jimbaran in Bali...
Opening Hours:
Everyday, from 11am to midnight

Bali Jimbaran Gunung Sahari
Jl. Gunung Sahari Ancol no: 6A, Jakarta Utara
Phone number: +62-21 641 5119/ 641 5120

Facebook: Bali Jimbaran Ikan Bakar

Also in Muara Karang and Jalan Juanda:
Jl. Muara Karang Raya no: 121, Jakarta Utara
Phone number: +62-21 666 01901 / 666 01903

Jl. Ir. H. Juanda Raya no: 31B, jakarta Pusat
Phone number: +62-21 384 5215 / 386 5776

No comments:

Post a Comment