My Favourite French Restaurants in Jakarta

The overall quality of French restaurants in Jakarta has improved over the past few years, particularly with the openings of Lyon and Amuz.

Still, I think the options are limited, and most of the best venues are too expensive: Take the first six restaurants of my list, they will all cost you around Rp1 million for a 3-course meal.

Some more affordable options exist, for instance Java Bleu, Le Bistro or Escargot. In those restaurants, the cuisine and the setting remain simple, but it is authentic and you eat well. A full meal in those should cost you less than Rp450,000.

At last, you have a third category of French restaurants, in which you have great design and atmosphere, but average food. Among those, Bistro Baron, Loewy or SHY are the most happening. A full meal will cost you almost the same as in fine dining restaurants.

So far, if I had to advise someone on where to find the best French food in Jakarta, I would give them the following places, in this order (you can c! lick on each venue to read a full review from this blog):

1) Riva

2) Lyon

3) Cassis

4) Amuz


I will update this list of the best French restaurants in Jakarta regularly. If you think I'm missing one, please send me a mail or comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment