Luna Negra (Italian restaurant)

Luna Negra is a trendy Italian restaurant located on the ground floor of Plaza Bapindo. The interior design is neat, with a retro-chic atmosphere that is sadly starting to become banal in Jakarta. One of my friends complained about their service and I agree there seems to be some training to do in the next few months. The waiters are nice, but they are not always available and attentive.

The menu features mostly home-made pasta and authentic Italian pizzas. The prices vary a lot, but on average, it is Rp100k for a pizza including tax, and slightly less for pasta. I ordered the "Prosciutto e Funghi" pizza (Rp86k with tax). It is more expensive than the average in Jakarta, but I considered it was worth it since it is one of the best I've had here. You can can getter prices in Trattoria and Pepenero, but I'm not sure the taste is better (read my review Italian restaurants in Jakarta).

I also tried a Crme Caramel for dessert, and again, I found it very decent compared to what you can get elsewhere in Jakarta.
Pizza Prosciutto e Funghi (Rp86k)Crme Caramel (Rp48k)
Overall: On the contrary with many hip, overpriced venues in Jakarta, the food in Luna Negra actually tastes good, and I have many friends who share the same opinion. All I can hope is that the cook, an Italian, will stay long enough to train well his future replacement. Recommended, you may want to make a reservation if you go there during the weekend.
Opening Hours:
Everyday, 11am to midnight

Luna Negra
Plaza Bapindo, Citibank Building, GF
Jalan Sudirman, Kav. 54-55, Jakarta 12190

Tel: +62 21 2995 0077
Fax: +62-21 2995 0078
PIN: 23B83D4C
Website with the menu and events: http://www.lunanegra.co.id

No comments:

Post a Comment