Choco Taco

The ice cream truck never comes to my street. It always was buy my cousins. They even had one that made sundaes, shakes and soft serve. But I never got it.

Then my grandmother wanted to buy an ice cream place on the highway. How much fun it would have been to work there, smelling sweet cold dairy products all day. Didn't happen.

THEN a Cold Stone opened 15 minutes away from me. I went there on a weekly basis, usually getting birthday cake remix. Then it closed and became a tanning salon.

With all the bad ice cream karma I had to try to make some of my favorite things at home. Fudgie the whale didn't turn out that great but the choco taco is not bad.

If you never had a choco taco, it is a waffle cone as a tortilla with chocolate and vanilla ice cream in the middle with a fudge topping. There is also a strawberry one. Usually it is sold at Taco Bell and other Mexican fast food places, but it takes five minutes to make a homemade version.

Choco Taco

What you need:
1 frozen multigrain waffle
2 scoops mud pie ice cream
dulce de leche sauce for drizzling
chocolate ice cream shell sauce or hot fudge sauce

What you do:
Toast the frozen waffle on a super low setting so that it is still very flexible. Plop the ice cream and dulce de leche right in the middle. Then bring both of the sides together to make a taco shape. Pour the chocolate sauce on top. You can either devour it now or wrap it in two layers of plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours to hol! d the sh ape.

No comments:

Post a Comment