Boka Buka (French Food, Cipete)

I tried Boka Buka about 10 minutes after I finished eating in Epilogue. Since I almost never go to Cipete, I didn't want to miss an opportunity to try one more French restaurant in Jakarta.

Unfortunately, I was full and could not stand a second meal in a row, so I only ate one of their salads (Bokabuka Salad, Rp50k). I was quite disappointed with it because clearly, the quality of the ingredients used was average, in particular the cheese and the beef ham. The sauce was too heavy also, far from what we should expect from a French restaurant.

I've seen on other Jakarta food blogs some very positive reviews about Boka Buka though, so maybe I didn't choose the right dish, or maybe I was not hungry enough to appreciate my food. Another explanation for the different perception between my fellow bloggers and me could be the recent change of ownership of the restaurant, from a Frenchman to an Indonesian.
Boka Buka Salad
Apart from the food, I thought the design of the place was charming and unpretentious. They have a few small, cozy areas where I can imagine it must be nice t! o spend the afternoon or the evening.

Overall: I shall come back to try the rest of their food, but from what I've had, Boka Buka is best to have a drink or a light meal only than to experience authentic French cuisine. For that, and in the same price range (Rp120k for a meal), you can go to nearby Escargot instead.
Opening hours:
Everyday from 11am to 11pm (12am on Weekends)

Boka Buka
Jl. Cipete Raya No. 7
Jakarta 12410

Telephone: +62-21 759 17471 / 759 13284
Email: boka.buka@yahoo.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/BokaBuka
Facebook: Boka Buka

No comments:

Post a Comment