Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes


One summer, I decided to try as many pancake recipes as I could because my IHop burnt down on accident. We all know that the owner did it for insurance reasons, it is Jersey. To make up for it, there was a new pancake every morning. My favorite was a Rachael Ray recipe, who annoys me, but apparently can make really good pancakes.

Sometime I make this for lunch. I use lighter ingredients and whole wheat flour to make it healthier. You don't have to, but for meals I like to sneak in some nutrition. Hypocritical of the whole "spreading diabetes" brew ha ha. Whatever.

Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
Adapted from Rachael Ray

What you need:
1 cup old fashioned oats.
1/4 cup white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 stick butter, melted

What you do:
Preheat a skillet. In a large bowl, whisk together the first 7 dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the sour cream, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Combine the wet ingredients into the dry, mix together until just combined. Mix in the bananas and raisins, then stir in the butter. Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes while you grease the skillet. Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour the batter onto the skillet, Once you see bubbles on the top of the pancakes, flip them over and allow to cook on the other side for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment