Chyniis Restaurant SS2 Mall

Petaling Jaya SS2, when I mention about this place automatically your mind will be diverted to the hawker centers and street foods. How about if we talk about having a casual dining place where you can bring your business customers or vendors to have a comfy dinner?

Recently I was invited to try out the latest restaurant in the neighborhood of SS2 called Chyniis. When I receive the invite, I was like hmmmm Chyniis Is that a typo error for Chinese? Literally it is not. The owner purposely name the restaurant Chyniis.

By the name we can tell this is a restaurant that serves Chinese food. Before I step in to the restaurant, from far I can tell that this restaurant going to be different from those are having red table cloths, noisy and beer gals pouring beer all night long.

The restaurants is posh and contemporary but retaining some old Chinese elements design where it suits all ages. The design were balanced between traditional deco and new concepts interior design. You can still see some fengshui items placed in a certain angle which typical in most of the Chinese restaurants.

While we wait for others to arrive, the tidbits were served.

We were served deep fried shrimps which is very crunchy and tasty. While we chit chatting among each others, we barely notice that we clear the plate. This is how tasty it was. Just a note to you all, I went bac! k the ne xt day as a full paid customer for a farewell lunch for my colleague and we were served the same thing. So you can expect the same level of service, portions and quality that rendered to us during this review. All my colleagues were very satisfied with the lunch which we had the next day. I will not write about the lunch but for RM188++ that serves 6 pax during lunch, it was a great bargain! I will be going back to try out more on the set lunches.

Back to the food review.

To start off the dinner soup comes first.

Fish Maw Soup

Tasty to the max! Every spoon that goes in to your mouth were full with ingredients and delicacies.

Normally I would add in pickled chillis or vinegar into my bowl of sharks fin soup. Though this fish maw soup carries the same starchy form to my surprise it taste so good without that 2 add ons. In a typical Chinese dining table, sharks fin soup is a signature dish. To me this extravagant dish is on par with that and I would prefer this more.

Sam Pui Kai 3 cups chicken

A Taiwanese originated dish (if not mistaken) where the chicken is cooked with dark soya sauce, chili and basil.

The special way this dish was made ! is that the stove used in cooking it is concentrated in the centre instead of the side. That way, the fragrance of the dish and seasonings will be contained and thus making it more delicious. I can clear a whole plate of rice with the gravy alone. This dish is mainly served together with white rice as the dark soya sauce and the seasonings are on the salty side.


No comments:

Post a Comment