Red Velvet Icebox Cake

Did it again.

In honor of the new classic film hitting theaters today, Scream 4 or Scre4m, I wanted to make a bloody treat.

I've been counting down to this movie since the summer. Scream holds a dear place in my heart because it was the first R rated movie I had ever seen. All of the cool kids had seen it at school so I begged my parents to rent it. They said I could only if they could watch it with me, to stop it if it gets too bad. I was too smart for that, so one morning I got up at 5 to watch it by myself. By 7, I was watching two kids stabbing each other in the stomach in hysterical laughter.

Needless to say I was probably traumatized from this. I refused to answer the phone. Still hate telephone calls. But I still loved that movie.

With limited red food coloring, this came out pinkish. After I took these pictures they became much more red. So you may, may not, want to add more coloring.

Red or Pink Velvet Icebox cake

What you need:
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 bottle of red food coloring
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 box chocolate wafer cookies

What you do:
Mix together the cocoa powder, cider vinegar, vanilla and food coloring in a small bowl. In a large bowl with an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine the heavy cream and sugar on high speed. Then add in the red mixture. Beat until soft peaks form. Put some of the cream on a plate. Place the chocolate cookies on the cream making a circle with one cookie in the center. Spread a laye! r of whi pped cream on top of that. Add another layer of the cookies. Keep repeating this process until all of the cream and cookies have been used. Chill overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment