Little Hong Kong @ Sunnybank, Brisbane

I am jumping back to some Brisbane food loving for some roast meat galore today with good reason. One of the many items I wanted to go back to Malaysia to eat was some good roast duck from Sunrise (missed), Meng Kee Char Siew (BBQ pork) (missed) and Pudu Siew Yuk (roast pork) (missed). With the fame trio missed out, I got to thank my lucky stars that Brisbane has a substitute for all three; not as worthy but as least it resembles in the way it looks, smells and taste.


So who is that worthy substitute? Little Hong Kong appears to be here to stay.


IMG_0641

Looking at the display of meats, tells you that they are serious about their meats. All their meats seem so glossy and shiny. However don't expect top service and a quiet dinner, the place is packed with people and the noise levels can be uncomfortable at times too.

IMG_0643




In all honesty while the 3 meats are not outstanding compared to better versions I can get in Kuala Lumpur, there are all very good on their own merit. The duck is juicy with crispy skin, the roast pork was tasty with the required layers of fat and meat and the bbq pork had the sweet and sticky texture that I like.


IMG_0647

The eggplant claypot was underseasoned and rather watery. Not exactly what I had in mind. Although I secretly hope that their other dishes are more up to par so that more visits can be warranted. I mean after all I can't be always eating roast duck, roast pork and bbq pork rice, can I?

Address and contact details:

Little Hong Kong on Urbanspoon


Verdict: 3.5 stars out of 5 stars. A decent roast meat place for those occasional cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment