crispy potato roast

crispy potato roast

I fell for a photo this week. It was on marthastewart.com and it looked like an accordion, or maybe a Slinky, of thinly sliced, crisped potatoes and my brain computed this as CHIPS. POTATO CHIPS MASQUERADING AS GROWN-UP SIDE DISH. MUST MAKE POTATO CHIP CASSEROLE (I was kind of like this dog here) and although further investigation of the recipe unveiled no actual use of potato chips, creamed canned soup or anything also that would really allow it to be titled a Potato Chip Casserole, it was too late and I was making it anyway.

spuds
peeling

Plus, I was looking for a gratin alternative for potatoes for my familys Seder on Monday night and this fit the bill perfectly. Its not that I dont like, nay love, any excuse to drown potatoes in cream and butter and swaddle them in a blistered cheese lid, but given that there was already going to be a spread, it didnt seem necessary that the potatoes be so over-the-top.

slicing

... Read the rest of crispy potato roast on smitten kitchen.com

smitten kitchen 2006-2011. |permalink to crispy potato roast | 9 comments to date | see more: Photo, Potatoes, Side Dish, Vegetarian



No comments:

Post a Comment